Thursday, May 12, 2016
New Hampshire Farmers Markets
1. Purchase fresh produce for snacks or meals.
2. Visit all the stands. Many farmers will be selling the same produce, find the best quality and price by visiting each of them.
3. Talk to the farmer. They might have ideas on food preparation/ storage.
4. Bring your children. Introduce your children to healthy food choices.
5. Beware of the sweets. Farmers markets often are filled with baked goods including homemade cookies and donuts… but that doesn’t make them healthy choices!
Plus, as an added bonus many farmers markets participate in Double the Value of SNAP/EBT fruit and vegetable purchases. This means $5.00 SNAP/EBT will purchase $10.00!
For more information on Manchester Farmer’s Markets visit: http://manchesternhfarmersmarket.com